My dickhead neighbor

So I was trying to do a search for the parcel # of the Myrtle Morgue and I ran across this neat little submission.

Scroll down about 3/4 of the way.
http://66.218.69.11/search/cache?ei=UTF … 1&.intl=us

8/7/07
Harvey Miller
BPD: I have been trying to get hold of Officer Scott McMikle of the Boise Police Department at 331-3940, ext. 224 for the last two our three weeks. I have left at least three messages trying to get back with him and he has never returned any calls. It is about loud music at 210 W. Myrtle. Is this what I’m supposed to think of the Boise Police Department? I will not be home until after 2:00 p.m. on 8/10/07. I would like a return call; this is unacceptable, but then again maybe I’m just a lower peon in Boise where nothing matters. I thought Dave Bieter wanted Boise livable. This has been going on for over a year and a half with the people across the road and nothing seems to be done. Thank you.
BPD

you can run a jet engine in your front yard as long as you shut it off at 10pm

harvey needs to turn up the television, learn to tune shit out (which he should have done already, living on myrtle for fucks sake) , buy some headphones, or come rock out

theres no way the music is making more noise than 20 cars passing by

What a penis wrinkle. Have you ever tried to reach an understanding with him? Does he know you've been trying to cut the noise down? Is the music really that unbearable from where he is?

What's funny is that he feels like he's the peon. Self-important shit.

Call the cops on him next time he runs a lawnmower or something.

Eatpants wrote

you can run a jet engine in your front yard as long as you shut it off at 10pm

harvey needs to turn up the television, learn to tune shit out (which he should have done already, living on myrtle for fucks sake) , buy some headphones, or come rock out

theres no way the music is making more noise than 20 cars passing by

Not true dude, if you can hear any noise within 100 ft. of its source than you can file a noise complaint, so yeah I believe a lawn mower would be adequate.

balrlgrafklijgoidfjgasdf

yeah you can call and the cops might come by and see whats up

but we had the cops called on us while practicing a couple nights ago, and the cop told us we can play till 10 o' clock

Section 6-20-03 NOISE PROHIBITIONS wrote

It shall be unlawful for any person to operate or permit the
operation of any loud amplification device in such a manner that
the sound therefrom:

A.is plainly audible within any place of residence not the
source of the sound, or,

B. is plainly audible upon a public right-of-way or street at
a distance of one hundred (100) feet or more from the
source of such sound.

I would expect that if you build a robot to turn on the amps and then expressly forbid the robot to turn on the amps, you'll be in the clear.

So I'm guessing Myrtle is not part of the downtown commercial district?

TROUT SLAYER

Quote from a cop, who came to a P9R practice: "You know you guys are good to do whatever until 10 PM right?"

There is a certain decibel reading at the point of the complaint to warrant a noise complaint, and I am sure as shit it's not over the noise level of a whisper in that dudes house.

This sort of problem is best solved via VBIED.

A noise violation can be given before 10pm if the decibel level is loud enough.

A tin-foil hat or aluminium foil deflector beanie is a piece of headgear made from one or more sheets of aluminium foil or similar material. Some people wear the hats in the belief that they act to shield the brain from such influences as electromagnetic fields, or against alien interference mind control and/or mind reading. Others wear them as a stylish fashion accessory.[citation needed]

I went to city hall and the courthaus yesterday and found out my property is zoned R-OOD. The lady said I could start a tavern if I wanted. It would be deemed conditional use, but would have to be brought to code. Which entails shit like paving the lot and parking lines,and firecode ect. Sounds like a lil much to me.

blackmanjew wrote

Quote from a cop, who came to a P9R practice: "You know you guys are good to do whatever until 10 PM right?"

There is a certain decibel reading at the point of the complaint to warrant a noise complaint, and I am sure as shit it's not over the noise level of a whisper in that dudes house.

Sounds to me like the cop has headed up from California and doesn't actually know what the law is here.
Happens more than you would think.

I was under the assumption that the decibel limit is for commercial business, and the  limit is quite high.
I could be wrong.

Been busted several times for band rehearsal with different bands and always we are briefed
On "There is no such thing as a 10:00 noise ordinance" I straight up asked a cop if I could complain about my neighbors lawnmower, he said yes as long as I can hear it 100 ft. away.

So maybe you guys just lucked out.

balrlgrafklijgoidfjgasdf

bonerdoner wrote

I went to city hall and the courthaus yesterday and found out my property is zoned R-OOD. The lady said I could start a tavern if I wanted. It would be deemed conditional use, but would have to be brought to code. Which entails shit like paving the lot and parking lines,and firecode ect. Sounds like a lil much to me.

Do you own that place or are you renting?

balrlgrafklijgoidfjgasdf

Good thing the BPD doesn't do shit about complaints filed.

yeah, they kicked out the bands rehearsal spaces at the river st. garage because of noise ordinance complaints from housing across the street.  we all had to find new places to practice sad
not too fun.  then again, i think some bands were practicing after 10:00, but i know that we never did and most of the bands around us finished before 8 or 9....so who knows.

Push wrote

bonerdoner wrote

If I owned this property I'd be pretty well off. I wish that was the case,but I am just renting. Anyone have a jackhammer?

bonerdoner wrote

Push wrote

bonerdoner wrote

If I owned this property I'd be pretty well off. I wish that was the case,but I am just renting. Anyone have a jackhammer?

That would be nice. Browns has pretty good rates on jackhammers.

balrlgrafklijgoidfjgasdf

Have you thought about getting a noise permit every show you host? I'm sure if you charged a little, or asked for donations, you could cover the cost.

Jacob Holder is a douche.

Wish I could. They don't issue permits for residential events.

Yeah, I'm dumb. I should've known that.

Jacob Holder is a douche.